“Some personal news,” as they say:
I recently joined the Pueblo Chemical Stockpile Outreach Office as a public outreach specialist. Check out examples of my work here.
- Surrogate chemicals similar to mustard agent were used during the first phase of testing at the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant Static Detonation Chamber.
- A brief overview of what happened at PCAPP in December 2021.
- An overview of the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant was presented Dec. 15 to Pueblo middle school students seeking a deeper understanding of chemical weapons destruction in their community.
- Agent destruction at the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant remained steady in 2021.
- A brief overview of what happened at PCAPP in November 2021.
- A detailed timeline is guiding trial burn testing underway at the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant Static Detonation Chamber complex.
- A new Bechtel Pueblo Team project manager is on the job at the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant.
- A brief overview of what happened at PCAPP in October 2021.
- The first of two phases of trial burn testing began at the Pueblo Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant Static Detonation Chamber complex Oct. 28.
- The president and CEO of the Local Redevelopment Authority for the U.S. Army Pueblo Chemical Depot has been appointed to the Colorado Chemical Demilitarization Citizens' Advisory Commission.
Most recently, I worked as production manager of the Colorado Springs Independent, Colorado Springs Business Journal and Colorado Springs Military Newspaper Group for Colorado Publishing House, where I also helped launch the new Southeast Express community newspaper and website.
Before that, I was digital editor and digital media director for The Pueblo Chieftain for over six years, and served in many roles at Arizona’s East Valley Tribune over my 13 years at the Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper. I also started and maintain the pop culture blog Nerdvana.
I earned my bachelor’s degree in journalism from Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication. I have taught online media at Cronkite and web design at Pueblo Community College, and am past president of the Southern Colorado Press Club.